Start Up Time
Gone are the days when steam engines take hours to reach full pressure…
Traditional boilers take between 90 minutes and ten hours to reach full steam.
- The large volume of water to be heated, many tons for a 150hp boiler.
- The water-jacketed firebox quenches the fire limiting the fire to the temperature of the water surrounding the fire.
- Coal takes time to establish a good fire bed.
The AgLoco® 150 on the other hand will make steam in ten minutes…
- There is a much smaller volume of water to be heated.
- The firebox rapidly heats to 500ºC before rising to 900ºC.
- Dry woodchip lights beautifully.
AgLoco® will have an inbuilt “Firestarter” box which is fed hot steam from the boiler. This can be used to dry tomorrows kindling/wood-chips.